For people who have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that limit their ability to move and function, physical therapy (PT) has proven to be a most effective treatment. It offers a wide range of benefits for people of all ages and from all walks of life
At the office of Nevada Rehabilitation Centers, our team of professionals will develop a customized physical therapy program geared to help you return to your prior level of functioning. We’ll also educate you on activities and lifestyle changes that can help you prevent further injury and improve overall health and well-being.
Physical therapy benefits:
- Reduce or eliminate pain. Physical therapy techniques can help mobilize your joints and soft tissue and restore muscle function, reducing aches or eliminating pain altogether.
- Avoid surgery. In some instances, physical therapy can help avoid surgery. By eliminating pain, assisting with healing, and improving physical health, it can help heal injured tissue and facilitate mobility all on its own, thus eliminating the need to go under the knife. If you’ve already had surgery, PT can help you recover faster.
- Improve mobility and balance: If you’re having trouble standing, walking or moving, physical therapy can help. By customizing an individual care plan, we’ll help restore mobility to make walking and moving around safer. PT can even improve coordination and balance in patients who are at high risk for falls.
- Recover from stroke. It’s often common to lose partial movement after a stroke. PT can help strengthen those parts of your body to help improve posture and balance, in addition to help you become more independent around the home.
- Recover from or prevent a sports injury. Different sports can increase your risk for specific types of injuries. We’ll design appropriate recovery or prevention exercise programs to get you back in the game.
Form and function…optimized!
At the office of Nevada Rehabilitation Centers, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality of skilled physical therapy care. For more information on our office and the many services that we provide, give us a call today.
By Nevada Rehabilitation Centers
July 22, 2020